[This Policy is currently under review and may be subject to change.]
The Carnegie Mellon University Libraries Publishing Service (LPS) only collects the data required to:
- Log in to a journal supported by LPS to submit an article for review or publication, or to participate in the journal workflow as a reviewer, copyeditor, or editor
- Contact a journal or LPS via our contact form
- Monitor our infrastructure for bugs or security issues
- Use non-intrusive cookies to track which articles are viewed and downloaded
If you wish to contact us to discuss any data we may have about you, you can contact us at librarypublishing [at] andrew.cmu [dot] edu. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of this data, however, it should be noted that Right to Erasure may not apply to authors of a submitted article as we have a legitimate interest in keeping your data to identify you as the author of a published and indexed text.
We will only share your data with external persons for the following purposes only:
- Editing, peer reviewing, copy editing, typesetting or proofing your article
- Registering your article with Datacite
Janeway (our software platform) does not profile your data in order to make automated decisions.
Janeway uses two cookies, one for sessions and one for tracking views and downloads and we don’t store any information about anonymous views/downloads as we use the cookie’s uuid rather than the users IP.
We use these cookies for the following purposes:
- Maintenance of login sessions
- Prevention of cross site request forgery
- Tracking views and downloads of our articles using the COUNTER method (https://www.projectcounter.org/)
We collect some personal data for the following purposes and using the following services:
Contacting the Team
- Personal Data: email address
Registration and authentication
- Personal Data: country, email address, first name and last name